Hornet 919 power commander maps - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Hornet 919 power commander maps

Hi all,

Newbie here, don't really know that much about bikes but trying to learn so here I am lol

I have a 2002 hornet 919 and it has a pc 111 fitted, it has a scorpion exhaust, however when I download the map from their website it won't load the map as it's a djm file, all the other ones seem to work it's just the one I need (obviously) does anyone know why this is? Also does anyone know any other places to get maps from or anyone have any maps to suggest for me?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2017, 05:34 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
Hi all,

Newbie here, don't really know that much about bikes but trying to learn so here I am lol

I have a 2002 hornet 919 and it has a pc 111 fitted, it has a scorpion exhaust, however when I download the map from their website it won't load the map as it's a djm file, all the other ones seem to work it's just the one I need (obviously) does anyone know why this is? Also does anyone know any other places to get maps from or anyone have any maps to suggest for me?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard and we are all here to help.

Do you have PC3 or a PCIIIusb?
Prior to PCIIIusb, serial port interconnectivity was used and map files were in .map format.
Maps in .djm format are for PCIIIusb.
Which type of PC do you have, on a for sure basis?

My understanding is that Scorpion exhausts for 919s are only available as replacement can kits, in other words the stock header and Y pipe is used, and just the Scorpion cans and adaptive parts are used.
Is that what you have?
If so, I would suggest using (final) Version 4 of the Moriwaki based mapping that LDH (Lord Duck Hunter) did many years ago.
It is an excellent map, of that there is no question, especially for smooth control and torque through the full range of throttle openings, revs, and loads.
That map is around in both .map and .djm format, the mapping work having been done in .map format and later also converted to .djm for use with the PCIIIusb when they came out a good number of years ago.
My guess is that Scorpion did their mapping based on a Euro spec bike, and I believe the base map in those ECU's might be different than the North American ones.
I suggest the map format you need be nailed down, and a V4Mori map in the correct format then made available to you.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I have a pc3 is there anywhere I can get maps from that are map files then?

post #4 of 6 Old 05-16-2017, 10:03 AM
McTavish

Quote:
You are very new to the site so I doubt you'll be able to get a Mod to sign off on access to our Dropbox, but I could be wrong.
Don't hesitate to try, noting the Dropbox has a wealth of information in it.
Or, if you prefer, simply PM me an e mail address that I can e mail all the .map format maps I have.
Also, if you are using a USB x Serial Port computer output adaptor, some such adaptors are problematic for the PC softward, so if you have problems once you have .map files to try, be aware of that glitch.
It was for that reason I got a DynoJet recommended Belkin F5U257 Data Transfer Cable Adaptor, which is a Male X Male type adaptor. I got it back in 2011, and I have no clue as to what is presently available, let alone if that particular one is still available.
Of course, if you have access to an old computer with a serial port, there is no need of scrounging up an adaptor that will work.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Quote:
You are very new to the site so I doubt you'll be able to get a Mod to sign off on access to our Dropbox, but I could be wrong.
Don't hesitate to try, noting the Dropbox has a wealth of information in it.
Or, if you prefer, simply PM me an e mail address that I can e mail all the .map format maps I have.
Also, if you are using a USB x Serial Port computer output adaptor, some such adaptors are problematic for the PC softward, so if you have problems once you have .map files to try, be aware of that glitch.
It was for that reason I got a DynoJet recommended Belkin F5U257 Data Transfer Cable Adaptor, which is a Male X Male type adaptor. I got it back in 2011, and I have no clue as to what is presently available, let alone if that particular one is still available.
Of course, if you have access to an old computer with a serial port, there is no need of scrounging up an adaptor that will work.
The first part you said made no sense at all to me ? I don't suppose it's gonna help that I'm not very computer literate lol

I'll inbox you email address and that would be great thanks,

I've got a serial to USB cable and when I plug in into the laptop it seems to read the pc so hopefully will be able to transfer maps.

Are you using the same software that you download from the dyno jet website as well then?

post #6 of 6 Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM
McTavish

Quote:
The first part you said made no sense at all to me ? I don't suppose it's gonna help that I'm not very computer literate lol

I'll inbox you email address and that would be great thanks,

I've got a serial to USB cable and when I plug in into the laptop it seems to read the pc so hopefully will be able to transfer maps.

Are you using the same software that you download from the dyno jet website as well then?
Don't worry about it. LoL

Got it and will send maps to you after this post.

It sounds good so far, so hopefully the adaptor cord you have will be fully functional with the PC3.
Per Dynojet, it is imperative that the adaptor cord specific drivers be installed.
Otherwise, the appearance can be that things are connecting properly and working nicely, but when you go do perform some functions, nothing actually works.

Yes.
I have both the PC3 and PCIIIusb softwares installed.
The PC3 version I have is 2.7.8.22 and it is called Power Commander Control Center.
One must use the PC3 software with a PC3, as the PCIIIusb software is not backward compatible.
Be it a PC3 or a PCIOIIusb, they need to be synched with the ECU, and the respective sofwares have provisions to do so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode