A must have: CyclePirates Footpegs - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By knicholas
  • 1 Post By knicholas

post #1 of 13 Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

A must have: CyclePirates Footpegs

After putting a few hundred miles on them, I can finally give an unreserved +10000 to the CyclePirate adjustable footpegs (links below).

These are a must have for tall riders, folks looking for a bit of leg room, folks with knee problems, those looking to tuck knees under the tank for a more natural sitting position, or tall, bad-knee-having, space-needing riders like me.

They basically have a 360 degree rotation footpeg (which is sleek and highly grippy) to move it within a 2 inch radius in any direction. Absolutely phenomenal, makes me feel so much more comfortable on the bike.

Thanks to folks on WT for putting me on to these, cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Pirates.../dp/B0022ZT6YM
https://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Pirates...1TAAXAQH9437VJ
CB 919 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-18-2017, 11:21 AM
Immune

so...are you referring to "daily commuting" or "track riding"?
it doesn't specify which?
Just trying to be clear if these footpegs would be of any value on street riding conditions.

VintageHunter
"always looking for that next find".
post #3 of 13 Old 05-18-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Definitely referring to daily commuting. Makes my 45 minute ride through city traffic more bearable

post #4 of 13 Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Immune

really? huh....at $37 may just need to test them out then.
So....can you explain to us the steps to install them on the 919?

VintageHunter
post #5 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

@VintageHunter, you definitely should. Though note that you also need the adapter mount so it worked out to about $95 shipped.

There's a pretty good video on install here:

It was pretty much exactly ehe same for the 919. Except on my 02 I didn't have a circlip, just had one of those hairpin-like wires, made it even easier

post #6 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Immune

So....I saw the video. Good instructional video....but....but....now that I see all the components involved, not too convinced this is such a good idea.
Reason being...this is the "FOOTPEG" where most of your weight will be forced down into. There are too many "parts" and "pieces" and bolts, and pins, and washers...etc..
You don't want to have a bracket,peg, point on your bike that is so subsceptible (sp?) to that much downward force from your own body weight.
You want a piece there that is "solid" like the original footpeg.

Dunno, this convinced me in the other direction now. Not sure it's a good way to add a peg extention to your bike. God forbid you're cruisin' down the highway and that footpeg gives out.....sheesh.

VintageHunter
post #7 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Immune

Oh and on top of it all.............it's no longer "just" $37.......now it's approaching $100......too rich for my blood.

VintageHunter
post #8 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

More power to you, it's the beauty of the 919, we can do with it what we will.

Though I'll say a few things. $100 is definitely worth it to not feel cramped on a bike. If you're not a tall rider and just looking for fun mods, I agree, better way to spend $100. Second, just like with anything, it's as strong as the weakest link. These pegs only add one more "part/piece" than the stock setup. It comes with blue loctite already on the bolt, an extra tube of thread lock for the overkillers out there, and redundancies like the holding pins. Properly torque it all down and you're good to go. Plus this isn't an ADV bike, our weight is on the seat much moreso than the footpegs.

Just my 2 cents for any readers of this thread looking to make their 919 more comfortable because of knee problems or long legs!
CB 919 likes this.

post #9 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Immune

fare nuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicholas View Post
More power to you, it's the beauty of the 919, we can do with it what we will.

Though I'll say a few things. $100 is definitely worth it to not feel cramped on a bike. If you're not a tall rider and just looking for fun mods, I agree, better way to spend $100. Second, just like with anything, it's as strong as the weakest link. These pegs only add one more "part/piece" than the stock setup. It comes with blue loctite already on the bolt, an extra tube of thread lock for the overkillers out there, and redundancies like the holding pins. Properly torque it all down and you're good to go. Plus this isn't an ADV bike, our weight is on the seat much moreso than the footpegs.

Just my 2 cents for any readers of this thread looking to make their 919 more comfortable because of knee problems or long legs!

VintageHunter
post #10 of 13 Old 05-19-2017, 10:15 PM
The Dead Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicholas View Post
After putting a few hundred miles on them, I can finally give an unreserved +10000 to the CyclePirate adjustable footpegs (links below).

These are a must have for tall riders, folks looking for a bit of leg room, folks with knee problems, those looking to tuck knees under the tank for a more natural sitting position, or tall, bad-knee-having, space-needing riders like me.

They basically have a 360 degree rotation footpeg (which is sleek and highly grippy) to move it within a 2 inch radius in any direction. Absolutely phenomenal, makes me feel so much more comfortable on the bike.

Thanks to folks on WT for putting me on to these, cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Pirates.../dp/B0022ZT6YM
https://www.amazon.com/Cycle-Pirates...1TAAXAQH9437VJ

Thanks for posting this. I'd seen these on Amazon, and even put them on my wanted list, but was kind of on the fence. My knees are in pretty rough shape, so if I could get even an inch lower I think I'd be more comfortable. Might have to try them out. Thanks again

Correction, I saw them on eBay, and they are different, same idea, but a bit cheaper. I like the peg style better on these actually
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201785836518...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Common Sense...so rare, it's kind of like a SUPER POWER!
post #11 of 13 Old 05-22-2017, 07:33 AM
PB

I'm glad you like them. They definitely were a key ergonomic modification to the bike along with the Renthals.

VH, regarding your concern about the strength of the pegs, I've had them on my bike for 2 seasons and haven't had them budge at all. I'm around 250 in full gear and I've stood up on them to stretch out on the highway and never had any problems. They're pretty thick pieces of aluminum and I imagine it'd take a pretty big load to get those to fail. Also, that was arguably the best $100 I spent on the 919...besides the Ohlins that is.

post #12 of 13 Old 05-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Tirone

I tried something similar, years ago on an 07, 600RR. The problem that l ran into was, the new pegs move your feet outward 3/4" or so, on each side. Then your brake petal and shifter didnt line up like they used to. I ended up not using it.

I really liked the 600RR. But it had NO legroom. A later got a 599, and never looked back.

post #13 of 13 Old 05-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Immune

I've been told great things about the 599 Hornet.
it's on me bucket list.
along with the FZ07.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper-x View Post
I tried something similar, years ago on an 07, 600RR. The problem that l ran into was, the new pegs move your feet outward 3/4" or so, on each side. Then your brake petal and shifter didnt line up like they used to. I ended up not using it.

I really liked the 600RR. But it had NO legroom. A later got a 599, and never looked back.

VintageHunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode