SPRING SHAKEDOWN SWARM: 04/30/17 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 05-04-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 15

SPRING SHAKEDOWN SWARM: 04/30/17

We were fooled by the weather forecast from the previous week, but we were not to be denied on the following Sunday. The crew assembled at the Clinton Station Diner for some vittles prior to the ride with three regulars and two new faces. After the morning sustenance, we headed over to the Pilot Station for some fuel and catch up with any late comers.

The five riders headed over to some twisties to warm up the rubber and to get the kinks out. The two newest members were treated to Iron Bridge Road and up through Warren County to get a feel for our riding style. We ventured over to the WCW suspension test loop in Karrsville for some carving of the curves.

We took a side trip over to Penwell and down Schooley’s Mountain into Long Valley. This ride was a little bit of scenic touring, shaking out the cobwebs, and shredding a little asphalt with a proper margin of safety; not to mention, introducing two new riders to group riding. We did a loop through Peapack-Gladstone, past the old Shiff Scout Reservation in Mendham, and down into Bernardsville.

A short pit stop later, and we were on the road again with a short respite in front of Mike Tyson’s old Mansion above Ravine Lake. A spin down Douglas Road, led us to US 202 and a scenic pass on Lake Road where the divided highway starts & ends. Then back through the “Twin Boroughs” and up CR 512 to Black River Road.

One of our former confederates had suggested a rendezvous for "dunch" between 3 & 4 pm if possible. We were happy to accommodate the request, but by that time it was just about 1:30 pm. With some time to kill, we were able to return to Warren County and get a side trip up “Shades of Death Road” and an infinite number of curves down to Belvidere. Only one pokey in a Subaru cause an impediment to our design, but we were patient and let nature take its course.

We were able to get a rest stop at the Quickcheck in Belvidere before passing through the center of town and then prepare for an assault on Lomerson Glen. Many of us have shot the Glen and the way home and it serves very well to finish a great ride with a technical uphill attack on the curves.

We arrived at the WarrensideTavern in Stewartsville and generated some interest from another 919 owner(‘04 uranium green) that is on the forum and will keep in touch for our next outing Sckill and Abby arrived shortly afterward and we had a chance to catch-up on what’s what new in their lives. They are in “The Family Way” and little girl is due in August. Congratulations!
We left the Tavern and headed for refueling at the Pilot as we had run all day on the same tank. All three 919’s fuel lights illuminated at about 178 miles.

Thanks to all for coming out and we shall try to get out a little more this year as it has been too long between rides.

A warm welcome to Ray, Wayne, and Jarret.

In attendance:
deandeib
nathanktm
rcz66
rwb79
ST-DocLizard1
sckill & Abby
renyhr (Jarret)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04747.jpg (296.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04749.jpg (273.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04742 - Copy.jpg (406.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04751.jpg (311.2 KB, 31 views)

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Just a few more pics from the day:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04752.jpg (391.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04754.jpg (363.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04758.jpg (342.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04760.jpg (236.8 KB, 26 views)

post #3 of 11 Old 05-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 11

Nice write up. Great to catch up with you guys.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

48/50 visited on two wheels. 2 more to go!

Cross country and back on a CBR:
http://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...-ca-29437.html

post #4 of 11 Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
Nice write up. Great to catch up with you guys.
Sometimes the stars align. It was really nice to see you two and all the best to you and the new addition.

Keep in touch.

Doc

post #5 of 11 Old 05-05-2017, 04:08 AM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 6

Great "Doc"umentation Doc. As always, you've captured the experience of another great ride in some really cool countryside. Looks like the group is being infused with some new blood. And yea, let's not wait too long before the next great adventure.

post #6 of 11 Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 PM
919 Rider

Mike Tyson's old mansion looks creepy.

post #7 of 11 Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Mike Tyson's old mansion looks creepy.
It was built in Gothic style which was popular back in 1897.

post #8 of 11 Old 05-07-2017, 02:08 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Great write-up as usual Doc! I owe everyone an award for an official WT ride, don't let me forget. I'll do it when I can get to a decent pc.

post #9 of 11 Old 05-13-2017, 10:01 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Great write-up as usual Doc! I owe everyone an award for an official WT ride, don't let me forget. I'll do it when I can get to a decent pc.
Awards sent!

post #10 of 11 Old 05-14-2017, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Awards sent!

Thanks Rick. This is especially important for the newcomers.

post #11 of 11 Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Discen

Forgot to post up on this, oopsies. I had an interesting ride home. I planned to use my phones GPS for the 80 mile ride back home through NYC, but when I turned my phone on, it dropped from 25% to 0 in about 60 seconds. On top of that, the charger seemed it didn't want to work that day, when every other day, including every day after the event, it works fine. I scrambled to open up the map really quick and try to take in as much as possible in the remaining 10 seconds I had as the % on my phone ticked down like a timer. I wound up having to just wing it and just follow the signs for New York. I did manage to get home, albeit a much less direct route, riddled with tolls. I was home by around 8:30. I'm excited for the next ride, I have a friend who just recently bought his own 919 after eye-molesting my bike for years. He'd like to come as well!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode