Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

UK Riders - Help a U.S. Member Out with Boots

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DSB_ESQ 
#1 ·
UK Riders,

I was wondering if there's anybody over there who could help me out. I'm a new rider and I've been trying to find boots in my size (17 US) for quite some time. I would really like to get some before Spring hits and I found this place in the UK that may have something in my size:

Motorcycle Clothing - FREE UK DELIVERY

It looks like they make their own JTS boots up to size 16 UK which would be perfect for me. Has anyone bought these boots before or anything from this place for that matter? I've tried to contact them via email but haven't gotten any replies back.

Is there anyone who is close by and could stop at the store or call them up and see if they'll ship to the US? I know it sounds ridiculous that I'm going to such lengths to find boots, but I'd like to be protected and these are the only ones I've been able to find so far. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Holy crap, a size 17??? How tall are you? My brother is 6'8" (and 290 lbs!) and he wears a 17. Of course he has tons of trouble finding shoes as well, but he's lucked out and made some friends who are Nike product reps who bring him free shoes every once in a while when they visit.

I can't imagine letting my brother ride my bike (when I had a 919), it'd be like a clown bike for him.

Good luck finding some boots, sometimes it really does pay off to be completely average.

#3 ·
UPDATE: They told me they can ship to anywhere in the UK for free, I'd just need to get it shipped to the US by a third party. I imagine the shipping costs might make it not worth it...

I'm 6'6" 230ish, most of my height in in my legs. The 919 is pretty comfortable for me right now, but the stock bars are a problem, so I'm swapping for some Road Highs this spring. Also, I imagine some suspension setting would make me much happier so I'll play around with the settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.