Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Oldest piece of m/c clothing you have

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  MF1VE 
#1 ·
What is it, why did it last so long ?

#4 ·
Original leather jacket 1973, with a few road rash marks on it.
Original sweater bought just for the jacket 1973.
The jacket got displaced by another, but still hangs in the basement in good shape, aside from the old cloth lining long tattered.
The sweater is now a garage work special.
Looks as old as it is, but still alive and kicking.

#6 ·
like this??:laughing6-hehe:

Attachments

#7 ·
i have a SURE full face mx helmet ..................yea sure thats the name, no it is the name, i got it early 80's. i was wearing a open face helmet with a visor "snapped" to the top lol god i love those old helmets till i was hammering down the road one day at breakneck white knuckled speed on my 79 honda XL 100 at a blistering 65mph topped out and a bee slammed into my face and stung the F out of me before dieing, well i decided i needed a full face helmet..............i was poor so in comes the SURE helmet and hey this thing looks just like a aria mx pro at 50 some odd bucks illlllll take it lol.

i also have a few old T shirts from that era with the fun sayings on them. my favorites from back then where the NO Fear t shirts just when they started up.

#9 ·
I'm 46 - I purchased a new leather jacked when I was 18 and leather pants whe nI was 21. I still wear them now!

OK I'll admit that they have been repaired and altered numerous times during the years (as I put on muscle you understand) but they are still going strong. Really good thick leather - the only thing they don't have the fancy plastic elbow protectors etc of the modern stuff.

#10 ·
Was looking up old threads for suggestions on leather coats....and ran into this thread....sorry to revive an old thread - but I have my dad's vented Dirt bike jersey circa 1976. Its in excellent shape, mostly because he didnt ride when it was muddy, he never really followed anyone so noone roosted him, and I never wore it a track because the vented material isn't like vented material from the 80's, so it sat in a closet for years.

#11 ·
Hey why not? My dad bought a heavy goatskin jacket when he returned from the war. 1946. I wore it when I rode the piss out of my older brother's CB750 in the mid 70's. I still have it though the stitching and liner are rotten. I keep it for obvious sentimental reasons.

Fast forward to 2005. When I started riding again I bought a Fieldsheer mesh jacket and pants on ebay. I wouldn't rely on them now but the have their place hanging with the rest of my gear in the man cave. I also bought a leather jacket and overpants from Jafrum because that's what I thought I needed. No armor, no vents, not waterproof - I sold them on ebay. Next. In 2007 I bought my Olympia AST which I dearly loved - until it started to leak. Later that year I discovered ReV'it! gear and bought my Dakar pants. Outstanding! I still wear them whenever the temp drops below 70. So to answer the question, the Dakar pants are the oldest piece in my current wardrobe. In 2009 I retired the Fieldsheer summer gear in favor of an Olympia Stealth onesie, which I still wear. Then in 2012 I got a deal on the ultimate touring jacket, The ReV'it! Defender. Unbelievable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.