Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Mesh gear

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Ken Phenix 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Now that I'm in Phoenix, I need to start keeping my eyes peeled for quality mesh pants/jacket. Anyone in the southern states have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that will move air through very easily while providing CE armor protection.

#3 ·
I love my joe rocket Pheonix 5.0 (Common dude....it's even got the same name).

For pants I run the alter ego. some mesh, some textile. Or i run draggin jeans and external knee pads.

I also use the tryonic see + back protector. Offers great protection while not feeling bulky. It breathes well for a back protector. And is very flexible and comfortable. including bending forwards or back. very important for people with high arch backs.

#5 ·
I run a Scorpion Hat Trick jacket which is a mesh outer and two removable liners. I love it. I can't speak for the Gen2 version but imagine it is good as well. I also have the EXO pants that are mesh. Very good as well. Both are waterproof, wind proof and warm in cold weather. By far the best gear I've owned.

#8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming.

I don't need the mesh gear to pull double duty. I have plenty of cold/rain gear lol. I now need mesh gear that I can wear over my "office" clothes when I commute for my internship.

#9 ·
I really like my Revit Tornado jacket and pants. During the summer I wore it over work clothes and everything held up well. Plenty of airflow and includes sastec armor in the elbows and shoulders. I had to buy a separate back protector though. It also comes with a cold/rain liner which kept me warm and dry as I rode up to the top of Mt Washington through the clouds on a 45 deg day.

#11 ·
I bought a cycle gear bilt mesh jacket a few years ago, must have been cut to fit an alien. Piece o crap. Sent it back and got a fieldsheer mesh that I really like. Couldn't even begin to tell you what model, it's a few years old and was a dicing inured model. So I guess I'm no help what so ever.

#12 ·
I wish CycleGear would not focus so much on the Bilt brand.

Got a pair of Bilt mesh gloves and they HURT so bad, I had to return them. They are clearly cheaply made. I've worn XL gloves in a few brands and never had such a crappy pair.

The only good thing I've seen from Bilt is the price.

OP, I've use Joe Rocket and Icon, both work great. The Icon doesn't have pocket, but still works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.