Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Kreiga R25

4K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  Pvster 
#1 ·
Just bit the bullet and went for one of these bad boys.

For those of you who have one (G00gl3it, LDH) why do you like it and what makes you like it so much.

I bought it because the guys on revZilla can't say enough good things about it. The features and the build quality make it enough for me to buy. Also, designed for riders by riders is another big deal. Looks like the really understand what should be put into a bag.

I have a tank bag but I mainly carry a backpack with me when I commute to work. the tank bag goes on longer trips. The backpack I use now is just a camelpack made for snowboarding so really something designed to be a motorcycle pack is what I was after.

After I get it and use it for a month or so I will write a review on it.

#3 ·
The ONLY think I don't like about the Kriega R25 is just that it has one, main, big zippered compartment. Just one. Yeah, there is a smaller inside pouch, but it's tiny. I'm coming from a bag that had one big compartment, and then a second one outside of that.

The thing I love about the Kriega is that once it's buckled on, you don't know it's there. Long trips are a breeze, even with significant weight in the pack.

It looks pretty sweet, too!

#5 ·
Wife got it for me, actually, but I'd read that the R30 was just a monster and was more for REALLY long trips. I wanted the biggest 'day' pack that I could comfortably lug around.

The R25 is just right.

I will say that the thing just feels like it's tough - the material is thick and the zipper is monsterous. Very certain this thing will outlast my bikes.

#7 ·
I'd read that the R30 was just a monster and was more for REALLY long trips. I wanted the biggest 'day' pack that I could comfortably lug around.

The R25 is just right.

I will say that the thing just feels like it's tough - the material is thick and the zipper is monsterous. Very certain this thing will outlast my bikes.

I second all of that. It is just the perfect size and the way it hugs your body contours makes it very easy to put on and take off with heavy leather riding jackets plus the harness moves a lot of the weight bias off your shoulders so it is very comfortable to wear for extended periods both on and off the bike.

Another great feature of the design is that it hangs low on your back so that it does not interfere with your helmet when you raise your head or get into the airstream at speed.

#6 ·
My bag now is a 15l and I didn't think the R20 (20l) would really cut it. The R25 also had two front buckles which to me would withstand a crash better than one. I keep my rain gear, work boots, extra visor and other misc. gear in the bag. It gets full and heavy quick. Plus, for me the $139 to $189 wasn't that big of a deal but it was harder for me to justify $239 for that HUGE R30.

#8 ·
...about putting the pack on and off - it can be tricky if you've already donned your helmet. At least for the first few times, as now you can't look down to see where the buckles are, that's how tight it hugs your chest.

But after a few times of buckling the pack, you can do it with gloves on (yes, twss).

#10 ·
That's cuz ur a squid :laugh:

Off topic: Is that a gnarly scar on your left leg??

Probably got it showin' off doin' stoppies on the freeway, m.i. right? :lurker-eating-popco

#12 ·
I have one of those from the dirt bike... I can still replay parts of it in slow motion in my mind. It was a dumb wreck, too, just not paying attention.

8" scar on my right arm for that one :laugh:

#15 ·
It has arrived and looks great. I think I will get up early tomorrow on my day off pack it up with my usual gear and take a ride. I will post pics of it later. First thing thing though is the damn side straps were NOT as easy to adjust as the video on RevZilla made them appear to be.

#17 ·
Here are some pictures of the bag. I put a 15" MacBook Pro (Don't burn me for it I hate the damn thing) in the back sleeve. Also that zipper is huge! Think I will also get one of the Kriega pockets to put my cell phone in. Really glad I didn't go for the r20 but also wondering if I should have gone for the r30...

Attachments

#19 ·
So overall opinion on the bag is that the fit and finish is outstanding. I would love to see more pockets on it in stead of just one big pocket. Went 600miles with it on my back in 24hrs and it felt amazing on my back the whole time.

#21 ·
Bumping this thread as I just bit the bullet myself. Can't wait for it to get here and check it out. The lack of compartments was a concern for me but a reviewer said that he solved that problem with some smaller pelican cases that went in the bottom of the bag with zero issues. I may give that a whirl.

#22 ·
Good idea - yeah, I wish it had two inner compartments instead of just one large one. :whistling:

I've thought of trying to sew something in there to separate the internal compartment a bit.

#24 ·
Well I missed out on Heli's backpack. I got the R25 and while I'm impressed with the quality, the lack of compartments and size has cause for concern. I'm considering if I should send it back for the R30 instead. I'll do some more research before I decide.

One thing I'm having a hard time with is figuring out where the watch pouch is supposed to go.

#25 ·
Decided to stick with the R25 after doing some more research. I don't really like the idea of a rucksack or dryliner. I figure if worse comes to worse I'll just pick up some Pelican 1040 and 1010 cases to divy things up if needed. Can't wait to try the backpack for work this week.

#26 ·
I commute with mine daily and then took it to Alaska with me last week.

Put your jacket on and put some weight in it and set it up properly and you'll never know you have a pack on.

#27 ·
Put your jacket on and put some weight in it and set it up properly and you'll never know you have a pack on.
I can vouch for this. I've withheld judgment on this backpack until I had some time to test them out. While they run a bit on the small side for those who cram their backpacks day in/day out, this backpack is AMAZING. you literally adjust it to your jacket, strap it up and you don't feel a thing! It's amazing how the weight transfers to your hips. I've had 60+ lbs in this backpack easy for an across town commute that took nearly 2 hours and I didn't notice the weight much. I'm very impressed. The price makes it hard to swallow at first, but it is definitely worth the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.