Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Helmet Sale

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Todi 
#1 ·
Yes, I'm a cheap ass (graduate student living on a budget). I bought my previous EXO 1000 on a screamin NYE sale for $99 a number of years ago. Since then the visor has been replaced several times, the helmet has gotten dropped, scratched, etc. Vents broke, liner is breaking, etc. I've used it A LOT and more than got my money's worth out of it. The last track day indicated to me that the helmet was starting to get a bit too loose, the neck skirt had cracked too much and was scratching and a few other minor issues. I was hard pressed to buy a new helmet since I knew it would be hard to beat the $99 deal I got on a then $400 helmet.

Today, I got an email saying there was an EXO-1000 close out for $54.99. Huh? What?! Found only ONE color in my size (XL), and bought it before I even had a chance to say anything to the wife. Just simply too good of a deal and I'm stoked that I was able to get another helmet on a budget. As tight as funds are right now, I know my wife will support me 100% on this purchase.

Check out the close-outs and see what tickles your fancy.

Scorpion EXO-1000 Helmets $124.95 from SportbikeTrackGear.com

#4 ·
With rare exception I believe any brand of helmet will fit most any head shape as long as the proper size is selected. Years ago I believed in the whole SHOEI head versus ARAI shaped head etc, but over the years I have amassed a small army of helmets from various manufacturers from Arai to Vemar and I could always find one to fit comfortably when given the time to test fit them all.

#7 ·
Then I must be that rare exception :banghead:

Cracked my head open when I was 2, had bone shavings placed on top of the skull where the break happened which resulted in more of an egg shaped top. To give you a visual, I can't balance a book on top of my head to save my life :laugh:

#10 ·
Smokin deal! I remember when they were on sale last year for $89 and though that was a fantastic deal. $59 is a no brainer :laugh:

#12 ·
Anyone have recommendations for quiet helmets? I upgraded last year from my 5 yr old Shoei TZR to a brand new RF1100, first time I spent so much on a helmet. I find it very loud compared to the TZR. I have adjusted the shield multiple times to no avail. The shield also doesn't sit flush with the rubber gaskets on the helmet & there is ALWAYS this annoying whistling sound which drives me nuts. Yes, I wear ear plugs & most of the time on my commutes I either have my music on or I am listening to an audio book.

#15 ·
To adjust the CW-1 shield properly on Qwest or RF1100 you need a sacrificial shield: drill holes where the plate screws are and adjust the screws for the shield to fit flush to the gasket. I tried without the holes and I screwed it up more. :banghead:

My brand new Qwest shown above is noisier than my old TZR

I have a Qwest and a RF1100. I find Quest noisier. I like the RF1100 more for air flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.