Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

FirstGear TPG Escape Pants DEAL! $159

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  mdouglas71 
#1 · (Edited)
So I decided not to nurse my 6 year old Dakar pants that are too snug through another winter. But $600 Gore Tex pants are not in the budget - especially my winter road trip budget. So I perused ebay a while to no avail, and then found this deal.
Temporary Insanity Deals
The TPG Escape pant was the tippy top of the FirstGear line and retails for $379. They are not Gore Tex but at $159 I had to pull the trigger. I can always wear my Gore Tex Paclite pants under them if I get into rain that overcomes the Hypertex membrane.

I thought I'd post this now 'cause this deal will be gone by the time my order arrives. :hello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa9Thwbsn_k

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up Ken!

If I wanted to use this as an overpant, do I go one size up? Or is the opposite true where you want to go one size down should you want to use the pants by itself (with the liner)?

#5 ·
It seems I'm out of luck. 36 is sold out on the short model.

#7 ·
Thanks again Ken for posting this. Just got my TPG Pants today. Wore them on a quick ride and man they are warm. Never felt a bit of cool air. I went with one size larger and they fit great over my clothes even with the liner in. Without the liner, might need a belt but I plan to use these mostly in cold weather or rain. :thumbup:

#8 · (Edited)
Glad I could be of service Mike. I love gettin' deals on gear. :clap:I tried mine on and they fit well. Granted they don't have the sexy euro cut of my ReVit adventure touring pants but they're just what I needed. :clap:I'm planning a little walkabout right after Christmas and I needed something cheap quick. This TPG deal is just the ticket.

#10 ·
Im sorry it didn't work out for you, Ken, but I am glad you gave this thread a bump. I somehow missed it the first time around. I am going to order a pair tonight. I have been riding with columbia ski pants over my jeans the last few weeks but have been wanting actual motorcycle pants with abrasion resistance and armor for a long time. The sizing is confusing because it says go bigger if its an over pant, then 3 lines later it says get true size because they're made to fit as over pant. I see Mike went bigger but may need a belt without inside liner. Did anyone get true size and have review. I plan on wearing these all year and would prefer not to worry about belts, but i also don't want the waist digging into my stomach.

#11 · (Edited)
After I posted that, I noticed that there is a built in adjustable waist using ratchet-style adjusters, I think in both the liner and outer pants.

It looks like the Sizing Note at the beginning was added by Motorcycle Closeouts, maybe based on customer feedback/ returns. The other note was probably the mfrs stuff.

#15 ·
I ordered "my size" and they had plenty of room. If I had gone a size up they would have swallowed me. I'm in the habit of cinching up the bottom cuff around my boot when it's cold. The TPG pants don't have adjustable cuffs and I didn't care for the boot gaiters they have instead. Meanwhile, ReV'it! just came out with a basic overpant that caught my eye. The Enterprise has no venting or thermal liner and as I planned to do with the TPG I could wear my Gore Tex Paclite pants under them if heavy rain proved too much foe their proprietary "waterproof" membrane. REV'IT! Enterprise Pants - RevZilla

#18 · (Edited)
I believe they would be very warm. With the thermal liner removed they should be good up to 70 degrees or so.

Would you guys recommend this pants for summer-wear as well? That's crazy if it's a 4-season. I might try the 38S and use the ratchets.
I may not be the one to ask as I just returned mine for a refund. IMHO the run large so I wouldn't go a size up and the little ratchet cinch adjusters don't offer much. I was hoping for a more contoured fit from FirstGear's flagship pant. I would (and probably will) put $30 with what the TPG costs and get the ReV'it! Enterprise which comes in myriad sizes tall and short. You'll just have to come up with your own thermal layer. I want to ride to Dallas soon to try on a pair if I can make time. REV'IT! Enterprise Pants Review at RevZilla.com

#17 ·
Would you guys recommend this pants for summer-wear as well? That's crazy if it's a 4-season. I might try the 38S and use the ratchets.

#20 · (Edited)
Ok - so I bought and returned the Enterprise pants simply due to my realization that I have been spoiled rotten by my ReV'it! Defender jacket. I have decided to drop a few pounds and tuff it out until I can afford the matching pants. That said the Enterprise pants are infinitely more desirable on every level than the TPG. The materials are similar but the build quality of the ReV'it pants is much better. The Enterprise fits like motorcycle pants should - the TPG are baggy, more like snowmobile gear. IMHO they are well worth the $40 difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.