Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

crashed , hospital 2 weeks now

40K views 250 replies 97 participants last post by  XRCajun 
#1 ·
hey all , haven't been around in a while now but , i've crashed my 919 2 weeks ago and been in the hospital since (one more month and i get to go home) ....Got t- boned at an intersection by a lincoln continental , was wearing full body armor and it saved my life , 5 broken ribs, left leg broken in 3 places (thigh bone was outside my leg potruding through draggin jeans) , foot is crushed beiond recognition (will need 3 more surgeries) , left wrist was broken and just had surgery on it 3 days ago and hope it won't need more , bleeding in the brain subsided and the docs gave my a 100% thumbs up on that.

Bike is gone , engine is in 3 different peices (brother took pics for me)

Its going to be long recovery , 6 months to walk again and about a year to fully recover...and yes i will ride again.

I don't have a pc here in the hospital this time one of the nurses was nice and let me use hers so i can check e-mails , so don't be offended if i don't reply for a while .

The driver of the continental ran the red light and there was nothing i could do about it , just saw him out of the corner of my eye just before impact and i remember thinking the word shit , next day (my b-day) i woke up in the trauma unit after emergency surgery , it's been life altering but i'll ride again.

i'll post pics and stuff when i get home

ride safe
:motorcycle:

See less See more
#36 ·
I am very glad you're doing ok. Back in 03' I went down and wound up with 3 broken ribs, collapsed lung, and my spine got slightly misaligned. All the while in my recovery I never gave up on the thought of getting back to riding. So all I want for you is to heal up, stay positive( cause the lord wants you to stay on this earth longer), and start riding.

#41 ·
This saddens me to here that you've become a statistic on some sheet somewhere.

I can't say how good it is to see your post though. What happened to you is now in all of us. It's on each street we cross.

Here's to the best recovery you can possibly have with the restorations of all of your abilities.

You got fam and friends visiting you enough my man?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.