Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Cooling gear

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KarlJay 
#1 ·
I saw this on revzilla. Looks pretty cool. I'm thinking about buying the wristbands and maybe the neck band. 6 hours of cooling on a single "charge" is more than enough.

I think the whole vest is overkill for where I live plus then if you want to go somewhere your whole shirt is damp as compared to just your neck and wrists

REV'IT! Flux Cooling Wristband - RevZilla

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol 4000rpm and above

#7 ·
I've ridden 3hrs in 100* weather by drenching my shirt with ice water and opening all the jacket vents. Works great

#8 ·
I ride most any day in 100+ degree weather buy putting on my mesh Jacket, Gloves, and Helmet and doing nothing more than riding.... The only thing you really need to make sure you do is stay hydrated....

I've seen a lot of gadgets that are made to beat the heat but truthfully all they do is add weight, and an additional layer of something to go wrong while you are riding. You just gotta have thick skin and some tolerance for hot weather is all, sorry to burst the bubble.

#9 ·
I guess it depends what you're used to. Comfort riding for us PNW folks would be under 90. Preferably mid to high 70s. Lol

#10 ·
The video said it has a plastic to keep you from getting wet? That sounds really bad.

If they keep the water off your skin, you're natural cooling will be diminished and that certainly doesn't sound comfortable.

They do make cooltec socks and tshirts, walmart sells the tshirt at about the same price as a regular one.

It's a cotton/polly blend and seem to help, but I haven't tried real hot days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.