Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

compression shorts?

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  crakerjac 
#1 ·
After riding a measly 250 miles in a day this week, my ass was hurtin. Anyone use compression shorts? Is it worth it to buy some? ( possible TWSS, I know)

#5 ·
Champion makes a nice one that has a stretch/breathable fiber on the inside thigh to thigh around the junk. It's compression thay doesn't restrict opening and closing the legs, almost like they were made for track suits... or bicycling I guess.

They're cheap on Amazon (compared to spendy brands)

#7 ·
you can bet I'll be sitting on my Air Hawk. That thing is amazing. :clap: I just did over 4800 miles in 10 days and my back side never got sore at all.
One thing though. I've heard about riders standing up and losing their Air Hawk in the wind. Plus I didn't like having to pull the seat every time I put it on or take it off. So I devised some brackets on the air box with straps and S-Biners to hold the pad more securely and give easier access. Works like a charm.

#11 ·
I've done two +2500 mile trips, the first without compression shorts, the 2nd with. With was MUCH better, as I didn't get the pinching/binding near as often. Didn't have to pull the 'stand up in the seat to let the boys drop back into place' very often either. It does help you to move around in your track suit/pants a little better as well.

#12 ·
I can't do compression shorts. After a hundred miles or so my ass starts to rash... Last summer I did 3500 miles in 10 days down through New Mexico and back up through South Dakota. I found that if I wore gym shorts (lightest ones I can find) under my riding pants, I can ride all day with reasonable amount of comfort... At least I can ride all day without swamp ass.

#14 ·
If I'm riding more than 50 miles I'm always wearing comression shorts. Along with the moisture wicking and negating the need for frequent "adjustments" the lack of seams gets rid of many pressure points and gets rid of pains from those... When I did my iron butt last year I just had compression shorts on under my riding pants and it was great. So while they won't necessarily make your butt hurt less, it will get rid of a lot of irritations and make your ride and your rump generally more comfortable.

#18 ·
I use compression shorts too. It's great for avoiding swamp ass and your legs cramping up. That's about it. theres no padding on it.. It might help you feel a little bit less bumps... No different in riding style though.
I think it's worth...especially for a track day or something along those lines

#19 ·
As long as you don't have a drastic forward lean, those bead riders keep you DRY DRY DRY! They're really for upright riding however, any forward lean and you're sliding forward to the tank. I've never tried using a perforated grip pad on top of the bead rider to keep me from sliding which is why I sold it, but from what I recall they supplied a nice air flow to the boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.