Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Bell RS-1

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  andrewebay1 
#1 ·
I RevZilla sent an email to show me their closeouts and I of course bit and jumped head first looking for a good deal. I've been looking for a new helmet recently as my RF-1000 is getting a little long in the tooth. I wanted something that wasn't too pricey but also offered good protection. A new RF-1200 is just too expensive for me. But then I saw this Bell and watched the review and was hooked. And they even had it in my size. I can't wait to get this and go exploring.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I do like my RS-1, the second one anyway. Loved the first one, too, even crash tested it, lol...

They don't quite fit my noggin, though, so long trips tend to hurt my hairline and cheeks.

#3 ·
That price was cheaper than my closeout RF-1000 too. Really wish there was a pinlock and transition visor for it. I'm use to carrying two visors anyway so nothing new. I just hope their anti fog coating works as well as they claim.

#5 ·
I'll have to find the transition shield then. I did a quick search and came up with nothing. But as usual it was a "man search" so you know I saw no link on the page but to the regular visors so I bought a dark smoke to go along with it. Would be nice to only carry one...

#8 ·
Yeah, that is a lot of money for the face shield. Think I will just stick to carrying two as I've been doing for the last ten years. Still would like to see a pinlock system. Maybe when they come out with their snell 2015 compliant helmets they will make one that will fit this version of the RS-1... Doubtful, but one can hope.

#9 ·
I got a used transition shield on ebay, with one slight scratch, for about $60. It works pretty good, but is not as dark as my fully smoked shield, which I prefer during very sunny days. But for long trips with a pair of sunglasses, it's very nice knowing you can just keep riding into the sunset and not fear loss of vision.

#10 ·
Depending on that anti-fog coating on the stock visore, there is also a transitional anti-fog stick-on by FogCity you can get for $42. The tinting isn't going to super dark but you'll be able to ride in the sun comfortably AND while the rest of the shield fogs like a car with a bad thermostat, the insert is crystal.

Had one in a Shoei X11 which stuck very well and never came off. Then bought another for a Shark RSR2 years later which it didn't like the stock coating so it kept falling off. Maybe it works for the Bell?

http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/gallery/detail.aspx?id=476559

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.